An exciting role as Director, New Technology Development based in our Danbury, Connecticut Production Facility.
This function involves guiding development and implementation of the commercialization of insect repellents, biochemical agricultural products and other new technologies. Partnering with other entities to help negotiate and understand the competitive environment and how to navigate a pathway forward. This position covers a range of activities including:
- Understanding of the company’s new technologies leading to the development of commercial applications for these technologies.
- Lead or assist in efforts to capitalize on our new and innovative technologies and materials including insect attractants, repellents, and toxicants, new aroma chemicals, and new delivery systems.
- Develop and coordinate collaborative projects and promote positive relationships with suppliers and customers to capture more value.
- Find new opportunities for the company, outside our normal product line while building on our existing strengths.
- Establish and execute pro-active competitive strategies and targeted sales strategies for project success.
- Works efficiently with business and patent attorneys to help implement these strategies.
- May participate in the development of goals and objectives for the position; recommends and administers methods and procedures to enhance sales.
- Performs direct customer sales in key areas of commercialization; product development, promotes positive relations with customers and vendors.
- May develop and issue prototypes, formulas and samples for marketing with sales materials.
- Prepares for and attends exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other promotional opportunities.
- Analyze and appraise the effectiveness of sales, methods, markets, costs, and results.
- Meets with customers to assess needs in order to perform an analysis of market and trends.
- Responds to inquiries and researches and resolves problems.
- Understands the value of collaborative relationships and encouraging ideas from all levels within BRI.
- Works with other departments in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Places high value on time effectiveness for project completion.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Graduate level degree in chemistry, biology, or entomology with at least 10 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience in organic specialty chemicals the flavor and fragrance industry, the pest control industry, or agricultural business preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills are critical to this position both internally and externally.
- Ability to do market research and develop a product strategy for our new technologies.
- Ability to negotiate with partners to ensure advantageous collaborations.
- A basic understanding of patent law, and the ability to work with patent attorneys to prepare and defend patent applications.
- Familiarity with contracts.
- Knowledge and understanding of organic chemistry.
- Ability to independently plan, coordinate, organize, and implement a range of sales promotion, programs and/or events.
- Ability to develop and articulate short and long-range goals.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.