An exciting role as Plant Manager based in our Danbury, Connecticut Production Facility.
This function involves chemical manufacturing relating to equipment, quality, quantity, yields and costs. Ensuring optimum utilization of equipment and facilities to maximum throughput. This position covers a range of activities including:
- Develop, implement and manage methods to maintain finished goods inventory at appropriate levels and minimize product backorders.
- Implement, develop and maintain systems to ensure maximum utilization of production equipment and facility capacity.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure safe and the proper care and usage of equipment and/or systems.
- Review with Engineering Department, as appropriate, to address maintenance issues, facility improvements and new equipment purchases.
- Interface with R&D to implement new or improved production processes.
- Provide technical assistance, as appropriate, to troubleshoot and resolve production problems. Address inconsistent product quality and yield issues with appropriate action plans.
- Work closely with Purchasing, as appropriate, to facilitate timely purchase and delivery of high quality, low cost raw materials and supplies.
- Provide recommendations for outsourcing/purchase of intermediates and finished products as dictated by relative costs and/or recommend in-house manufacturing of material currently being purchased from outside vendors.
- Five to ten years’ experience in the organic specialty chemical industry.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Well-structured but flexible enough to operate in a dynamic often changing environment with a solution oriented attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of organic and analytical chemistry.
- Knowledge of equipment and facilities used in the production and purification of organic chemicals.
- Provide leadership that will result in positive employee relations and work culture, teamwork, continuous improvement, efficiency and product quality.
- Strong mechanical and/or engineering background.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to write clear, concise business communication for senior management.
- Ability to train, supervise and motivate others, to plan work and delegate effectively.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments, gather data, compile information and provide concise reports.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- An open, flexible, team-oriented personality, with the ability to think and act independently.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.