An exciting role as Plant Engineer based in our Danbury, Connecticut Production Facility.
This function involves providing technical support for Production, including design, development, construction and implementation of equipment or technologies. Conducts the evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria. This position covers a range of activities including:
- Coordinates activities of engineering functions and encourages interchange of information, ideas, and techniques among various departments.
- Tests, repairs, maintains, and modifies existing and new equipment.
- Designs, selects, modifies, and builds equipment or procedures necessary to meet specific project requirements. Checks functioning of equipment and evaluates performance.
- Interprets, executes, and coordinates engineering assignments.
- Maintains records in the form of schematics, mechanical drawings, documentary photographs, sketches, databases, and narrative reports.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Monitors and maintains optimum performance of all building systems, to include mechanical, electrical/electronic, and advanced air and odor chemical circulation/purification systems.
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise the activities of independent contractors and employees.
- Complies with local, state and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance functions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Seven + years’ experience in the organic specialty chemical industry.
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- Well-structured but flexible enough to operate in a dynamic often changing environment with a solution oriented attitude.
- Knowledge of equipment and facilities used in the production and purification of organic chemicals.
- Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of engineering methods, protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
- Provide leadership that will result in positive employee relations and work culture, teamwork, continuous improvement, efficiency and product quality.
- Strong mechanical and/or engineering background.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to write clear, concise business communication for senior management.
- Ability to train, supervise and motivate others, to plan work and delegate effectively.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments, gather data, compile information and provide concise reports.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- An open, flexible, team-oriented personality, with the ability to think and act independently.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.